Yesterday, I told y’all that my buddy over at wwwpalfitness nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. I’m flattered and pleased as punch and embarrassed and and you get the picture! Please check out his blog – fitness folk will enjoy it, but it’s not all about fitness. So there’s something for everyone.
If you are nominated, you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. You should:
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to his or her blog.
- Select fifteen (15) blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered and/or follow regularly. (Choose blogs you find excellent!)
- Nominate those fifteen (15) bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, including a link to the original VBA site.
- Notify your nominations!
- Finally, don’t forget to tell the person who nominated you seven (7) things about yourself.
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Meh:
- I once caught a baby possum and brought him inside. I put him in a shoebox and tried to feed him cheese. I kept petting him even when he hissed at me. I knew he was just scared. I mean, he hadn’t had time to get used his new mommy (me) yet. I used baby talk and cried when he wouldn’t eat. He looked so sad. I can’t remember what I named him, and I released him after an hour or so. I missed him so much. When I told my mother about him, I thought she was going into cardiac arrest. She begged me never to do anything like that again.
- I did things like that again. And again. In fact, years later, as an adult…a possum wandered up onto the porch of my little two-bedroom rental house. I fed him cat food and delighted in watching (through the peephole in the door) him argue with the stray cat over just whose porch and cat food that was. I tell myself that was the same possum from my childhood. An actual good memory coming back to me for a change.
- I like big butts, and I cannot lie. Okay, actually, I just really really like horrible, cheesy songs. You other brothers can’t deny. Also, I don’t have anything against big butts. Except my own. Except it does provide nice cushioning. Except enough with the exceptions.
- I named my cat’s butthole. It’s Senor Stinkerton. I’m actually half lying. I never named either of my cat’s buttholes. Until now. And now, it’s named Senor Stinkerton.
- I’m pissed that I can’t figure out how to make the little accent over the n in Senor. Things like this drive me bananas on the daily. If you see things like that, chances are I saw it, too. And, I promise you, it’s driving me even crazier than it’s driving you. And when I miss typos…if I haven’t corrected them, it’s because I didn’t catch it one of the ten thousand times I re-read for editing. I’m sick in the head.
- I’m sick in the head. Wait. I can’t use that one. You already know that. Uhm. My favorite band in the whole wide world, in the known universe and beyond, is the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Perhaps I’ll tell you why one day. For now, the why doesn’t matter (except it always matters to me). Just the bowing. Bow down to RHCP. Do it. Now. I’m waiting.
- I have this cute little woven hair thingy that I bought in the gift shop of a national park. Last summer. But I promptly lost the little stick that holds it to your hair. So now, I twist my hair up, slap the little woven hair thingy over the sloppy bun and slide a black warrior pencil through it to hold it in place. People pick on me for it at work. And then I forget where my pencil has gone. Like a few minutes ago, but I had to get another because the alternative was to have my messy hair spilling down. And here’s a bonus fact: I like my hair long, but I rarely wear it down. It bothers me on my neck and in my face.
Booyah. Now that’s done, let’s do nominations, or as I shall affectionately call them: nommies. Because that makes them sound tasty.
Y’all I am so new to this. I mean, I’ve been reading blogs off and on for years, but I’ve only just had my WordPress cherry popped. Ew. I can’t believe I just said that. That’s fucking nasty. Anyway. So yeah. I’m gonna nominate fifteen of my new and current favorites that I think the adjective “versatile” suits. (Here’s another bonusbonus fact: this is tough for me, because I live my life worrying about things like hurt feelings. Y’all please don’t get hurt feelings if you’re not here. It would hurt my feelings. And it doesn’t mean I don’t like you. I like you plenty.
Will you marry me? Can we paint each others’ toenails?) I’m sharing the award with:
- B.G. at Getting Through Anxiety – Anxiety, drawing, books, funnies.
- Melanie at This Is My Corn – Piccies, funnies, punnies, stories, lovelies.
- James Radcliffe – Music, books, aging, nature.
- Kally at Middle Me – Advice, career, stress, social media.
- Richard Davies at Critical Dispatches – Street art, sociology, commentary, poetry, reflection.
- Nick Triolo at Jasmine Dialogues – Judaism, art, travel, culture, humanity, photography.
- Rachel Ann at Start With Sparkles – Reflection, humanity, inspiration, rambles.
- Beeps at Letters Never Meant To Be Delivered – Writing, anxiety, snark, three cheers for potty mouth, TARDIS.
- Noirfifre at Yelhispressing – Writing, history, travel, food, passion.
- Margaret Bell at The Musings Of A Magpie – Food, nature, family, books, games.
- Claire at Wanderings (And Wonderings) – Marriage, travel, food, piccies.
- Yaz at The Falling Thoughts – Photography, poetry, commentary, travel.
- Joelcy Kay at Edge Of Humanity Magazine – Culture, humanity, politics, food, philosophy.
- Meg at Write Meg! – Writing, family, books, food, photography.
- Carisa Adrienne at Sometimes Silver Linings Are Blue – Poetry, love, family, music, heartache.
Please check ’em out; you won’t regret it. They’re all great blogs! Personally, I think you’re about to discover some new faves. 🙂